translate photo to text
Marketers and Bloggers are sometimes required to convert images to text but doing it manually is not a good option as it consumes more time and is difficult to process.
Fortunately, there is a quicker way to convert images to text due to technological advancement, whether from PC, Online, or Phone.
With online image-to-text converter tools and apps, transforming your images into editable text forms becomes speedy and straightforward.
OCR tools are available on the internet to quickly convert your image into text with simple steps.
Now let’s look at five ways to convert images to text using OCR tools and Apps.
5 Ways to Convert Images to Text Using OCR Tools and Apps:
Before discussing the 5 possible ways to extract text from an image, we should know about OCR first.
What is OCR?
Optical character recognition, or OCR, is an advanced software technology that allows a computer to convert handwriting, static images, or documents into editable PDFs.
The OCR app used to be entirely incorrect and unreliable in the early days.
This software can assist you if you ever need to make digital data editable, such as receipts, invoices, or bank statements, which are usually in image format.
5 Ways to Convert Images to Text:
1. Online image to text converter:
Various OCR applications online will enable you to extract text from images on any device. All you need is a browser and an internet connection (on both PC and mobile) to use this app.
You can use picture to text converter online to extract text from pictures. If you don’t have any idea how to convert a jpeg or PNG to text, copying text from an image is simple. Follow the steps below.
- First visit website for extract text from image
- Drag and drop your image or upload it.
- Enter the URL.
- Then press the Submit button.
- Save the text as a document or copy it to the clipboard.
2. Extract Text from photos using Google Docs;
You won’t need any other tool to extract text from photographs if you currently use Google Docs for data extraction.
You can upload an image and drag the text using Google Docs’ built-in OCR technology on the desktop version.
Here are a few steps to follow:
- Sign in to your Google Drive account.
- Choose New and then File Upload from the menu to add your image.
- After the image has been uploaded, right-click it and choose Google Docs from the Open With menu.
- That’s it; the image will appear in Google Docs alongside the extracted text.
Google Docs, interestingly, tries to recognize font size, type, and even colour for each word. It also follows formatting and spacing.
3. Convert Image to Text on Windows or PC:
There are a variety of OCR software available if you wish to convert images on your Windows PC.
Easy Screen OCR is a famous Windows OCR program that extracts text from images accurately. It’s a little (7MB) system tray app. Take a new screenshot or upload an image file to extract text.
- To use it, select Image OCR from the context menu of its system tray icon.
- A small window will pop up where you can drag and drop the image to have it edited automatically. The text you’ve extracted will appear in a new area, where you can copy it.
If you are looking for a free app for Windows, try FREE OCR because EasyScreenOCR requires a pro subscription.
4. Convert Image to Text on Android:
Multiple Android apps allow you to convert photos to text. Not only that, but all Android phones have built-in cameras so that you can scan text right away.
One of the most popular Android OCR apps is Image to text, which allows you to extract text from images even when you are offline.
- A button in the top-right corner of the program allows you to select photographs from the gallery.
- A button in the bottom-right corner allows you to take a text photo using the camera.
- Upload the photo using any of these methods, and the app will automatically process and display the extracted text.
To compare them, use the buttons at the bottom to flip between text and image.
5. OCR Apps for IOS:
Scanner Pro is one of the suitable documents scanning and OCR apps for IOS users.
The majority of the app’s features are free, but you’ll need to pay $19.99 per year for the Plus subscription to use the image to text conversion tool.
- The app scans paper documents and saves them as PDF files.
- You can extract text from those scans with its pro subscription. The free version scans papers but adds a watermark to them.
- Its text search feature allows you to look for images by typing text into the image.
So far, the promise of a paperless planet has been unmet. As a result, OCR technology will continue to play a vital role in connecting digital or analogue worlds.
With the OCR programs listed above, you will easily convert your image to the text within no time.