ChatGPT For SEO
Can you use an AI chatbot like ChatGPT for SEO?
ChatGPT creates text that is human-like by using GPT (Generative Pretrained Transformer), which leverages the context to understand the language.
ChatGPT is ideal for website owners and online business owners who want to improve the SEO of their websites.
ChatGPT is the perfect tool for everyone who has a website or operates an online business to improve the SEO of their website.
Several SEO tasks can be completed using ChatGPT, including;
- Keyword research
- Content writing
- Website SEO strategy
- Generate titles and descriptions
- Create FAQs and much more
You’ll discover the following things in this free guide:
- How to improve your search ranks with ChatGPT for SEO
- Examples from real life
- The top replacement for ChatGPT and many more
The 5 Best Ways to Use ChatGPT for SEO in 2023
1. Keyword research
Whatever your sector, keyword research is important for an effective search engine optimisation (SEO) strategy for your website.
Although there are many tools available, ChatGPT is a strong tool for generating keywords in any area.
Here are a few examples of keyword research utilising ChatGPT.
Prompt: Suggest long-tail, high-volume, low-difficulty keywords for [topic of interest] as if you’re an SEO.
Watch that. It immediately came up with 20 fantastic keyword suggestions related to the subject.
Here are a few helpful prompts you may ask when conducting keyword research:
- Identify the top keywords related to the topic [X]. Gather data on search volume, competition, and related keywords.
- You’re an SEO expert; suggest high-volume, low-difficulty keywords for [topic X]
- Create a table of the top competitors for [Topic X] and their URLs
- Give me a list of top 10 keyword ideas for [Topic X], show 4-word keywords
2. Content creation
The majority of website owners and SEOs use ChatGPT and other AI tools for content production.
It can be used for a variety of content development tasks, including;
- Outlining a topic
- Creating content briefs
- Creating paragraphs
- Rewriting existing content
- Generating an entire blog post and the list goes on
Let’s look at some real-life examples of content creation utilising ChatGPT.
Prompt : “create an outline for topic [X]” to get ideas on what to include in a blog post.
It can be used for writing blog posts.
You can see that it can produce blog entries on ANY topic for you right away. The results vary depending on the prompts you choose. So, to get better responses from ChatGPT, be as compelling and comprehensive as you can.
It can also be used to enhance (or rewrite) already written sentences or paragraphs.
Watch that? It easily rewrites entire texts or sections of texts.
ChatGPT is an essential tool for anyone who wishes to produce material more quickly.
Consider the following if you intend to utilise ChatGPT for content development.
- Don’t use ChatGPT’s EXACT output (since these programmes frequently produce duplicate text). To produce high-quality content, you should always edit it, add original material, and make use of ChatGPT.
- Experiment with alternatives like Google Bard and Jasper AI to determine what works best for you.
- Learn to create BETTER writing prompts. Your input will determine the output.
Here are some tips for using ChatGPT to generate content.
- Generate unique and engaging blog post ideas about [topic/industry]. Aim for a mix of how-tos, listicles, and in-depth analysis. Provide at least ten ideas.
- Revise and expand upon the product description for [topic X]. Highlight its features, benefits, and real-world applications in about 300 words.
- Create attention-grabbing captions for social media posts showcasing [topic X]. Each caption should be under 150 characters.
3. Technical SEO
You can use ChatGPT to assist with technical SEO, which is one of its main advantages.
One of ChatGPT’s key benefits is that it can help with technical SEO.
Using the next prompt, ChatGPT will immediately generate the required code for you.
As you can see, ChatGPT not only creates the necessary HTML codes for insertion but also explains what each code does and where to place it on your website.
Isn’t that impressive?
A ChatGPT XML sitemap can be created.
It can be utilised for tips on technical SEO for any website.
Here are some helpful ChatGPT suggestions for performing technical SEO;
- Provide a comprehensive checklist for conducting a technical SEO audit on a website [URL]. Include key areas such as site speed, mobile-friendliness, URL structure, indexability, schema markup, etc.
- Provide a step-by-step guide to optimize my website [URL] speed for better SEO performance.
- Diagnose and offer solutions for a website experiencing crawling and indexing issues.
4. General SEO
You can use ChatGPT for a variety of SEO use cases, including;
- Creating email outreach templates
- Creating a website strategy
- Competitor analysis and much more
Let’s talk about a couple of these real-world application scenarios using ChatGPT.
Definitely one of the most important parts of SEO is email outreach.
Email outreach can increase revenue, backlinks, and other factors. ChatGPT can assist you if you’re trying to create effective outreach emails.
For link building, for instance, we could ask ChatGPT to create an email template.
Look at the results it produced;
The output is distinctive and doesn’t appear spammy, as you can see! You only need to make a few minor adjustments to be ready to go.
Let’s use the next prompt to examine a different example.
Watch that? For our website, ChatGPT immediately created an SEO plan. Similar to this, ChatGPT can be used for virtually ALL general SEO objectives.
Similar to that, you can utilise the following instruction to find the websites of your rivals.
Prompt: Recommend X popular blogs about [niche] that cover [topic] and their URLs in a table.
Here is the output that ChatGPT provided;
Watch that. Within a few seconds, it delivered the information we requested.
5. Generate titles and descriptions
The KEY to getting more clicks from Google is organic CTR (Click-through rate).
When it comes to raising your organic CTR, what matters MOST?
If you said meta descriptions and titles, you are completely correct.
You may quickly come up with interesting titles and descriptions for your blog articles and web pages with ChatGPT.
Here’s an example of an SEO title.
As you can see, it immediately generated several different titles after taking into account our prompt input. You can experiment with more prompts to see which ones suit you the best.
Here’s an example of a meta description;
In the previously mentioned example, ChatGPT created a not clear meta description with a formal tone. To make it more conversational, we just added another question, and it immediately came up with an engaging description.
Even if you use ChatGPT for the names and descriptions, give it your own unique spin. To make them even more persuasive, you can add a couple more power words or a keyword.
Here are some ideas for titles and descriptions to get you started.
- Write 5 enticing titles for [keyword X]
- Give me 3 variations of powerful meta descriptions for [Topic X]
The BEST Alternative to Rank Higher in Google is Jasper AI
Yes, ChatGPT is a fantastic AI tool for anyone interested in SEO.
But it has a lot of drawbacks.
Try Jasper AI if you want to improve your search engine rankings and need a strong tool for content generation.
It provides more than 50 templates for content production and SEO.
Here is an example of how to write a strong paragraph:
As you can see in the example above, Jasper responded immediately to a straightforward instruction, “How to use ChatGPT for SEO,” by producing multiple draughts of pertinent paragraphs.
You can generate as many outputs as you want if you’re unhappy. In addition, all of the filters, including;
- Keywords to include
- Tone of voice
- Input language and more
The previously mentioned filters can improve Jasper’s context comprehension, resulting in better output for you.
Here are a few advantages of using Jasper AI for writing and SEO.
Why is Jasper better than ChatGPT?
- It allows you to create anything, including emails, blog entries, and captions for social media.
- Jasper provides more than 50 copywriting templates to produce nearly anything, and it supports more than 30 languages.
- It gives you “Jasper Everywhere,” a browser extension that keeps Jasper at your side and is useful when writing anything online.
- You can ask coworkers to edit your writing.
- The outcome is MUCH better than ChatGPT because it uses OpenAI’s GPT-4, Anthropic, and Google models.
It provides an integrated grammar checker.
- Jasper has a 99.99% uptime rate, in contrast to ChatGPT, which falls unavailable during periods of high traffic.
- Jasper AI, in contrast to ChatGPT, provides you with current knowledge and data that is directly from Google.
How much does Jasper cost?
- You may access SEO mode, more than 50 templates, one user seat, and other features with the Creator plan for $39 per month.
- You may access collaborative features, receive three user seats, etc. with the Teams plan for $99 per month.
- Business plans offer customised pricing based on your needs for content and SEO.
FAQs | How to Use ChatGPT for SEO
OpenAI created ChatGPT, an AI tool that mimics human speech and employs deep machine learning to comprehend user input. There are MANY uses for it, including text translation, writing, customer support, and more.
Yes, you can use ChatGPT for various SEO purposes, including;
– Brainstorming content ideas
– Creating content
– Content curation
– Content research, creating an SEO strategy for your websites, and more
Making fresh subject suggestions and content is the best method to use ChatGPT for SEO. However, as ChatGPT is NOT an accurate tool, always examine and alter the content it produces.
To find appropriate keywords associated with the material you produce, use ChatGPT. Additionally, it can aid in post organisation, improved search engine optimisation, FAQs, and other things.
The best ChatGPT replacements are Google Bard and Jasper AI. These technologies provide far better content than ChatGPT. Due to the use of GPT-4, ChatGPT Plus (the premium version) generates output that is superior to that of ChatGPT.
Final thoughts on ChatGPT SEO strategy
ChatGPT is an effective tool for producing new content, optimising already existing material, and increasing traffic in general.
The possibilities are endless because ChatGPT can be used for everything from keyword research to content planning to creating comprehensive blog entries.
What do you think about utilising ChatGPT for SEO? Do you already employ it? Did you find this information useful? Please leave your questions in the comments section.