A logo is a visual representation of a company in terms of what it does, what it stands for and what it represents. An integral part of branding Logos are made up of text, symbols, and images. A logo helps your brand be easily recognized and sets you apart from your competition.
A good logo can assist a company with its long-term marketing strategy whereas a bad logo, well nobody remembers them. That’s why Logo Designing is an important decision to be made. Let’s look at some of the factors that you should consider before designing your Logo.
What is the importance of a logo in branding?
Firstly, a Logo helps build trust because if people don’t trust you, they won’t buy from you.
- A Logo creates a sense of standardization for a company as it is used in all their marketing mediums.
- A Logo conveys professionalism. That’s why all the big companies out there have a logo.
- In competitive markets where everyone is offering the same product/service as you, Logos help your brand to be easily identified by your customers. It impacting you get recognized.
- We remember things visually therefore if you don’t have a logo there is a high probability that consumers might forget your brand.
Factors to consider before creating a logo:
The color of your Logo: Colors play an important role in communicating what emotions your logo will create. Before you consider a color for your logo do a little bit of research on the correlation between colors and emotions.
The fonts in your Logo: If you are going to be using text in your logo make sure that there is some thought process behind it. Consider using texts that are easy to read no matter the size and can convey the message that you want.
The image in your logo: When using an image, simplicity is key. Make sure that the images are not very elaborate as they will be used on different mediums. Also, try to limit the range of colors used in the image. Keep the color range down to 2-3 shades.
A tagline for your Logo: A tagline isn’t really necessary for a logo but try to figure a tagline that connects and conveys your brand’s message to the audience. Taglines are generally catchy and increases your brand’s recall rate.
Scalability of your Logo: It is really important that you consider this factor. A logo will be used across different media channels and a logo than reduces in quality when scaled to different sizes is bad branding. Always get a logo that can be easily scaled to any size.
Logo Designing Tips
- When including your company’s name in the design make sure that it is clear and easy to read
- Create a logo that is unique and stands out from your competition
- Choose the colors, shapes, and fonts in your logo keeping in mind the different emotions they will trigger
- Create a logo that looks good on all mediums and sizes
Where should you use your logo?
- All your company communications
- In newsletters
- In your advertisements
- In your social media posts
- Include them in business presentations
- On brochures
- On product packaging
- On your business cards
- Your website
Most popular logo design tools
Listed below are some of the most popular tools that are used to create stunning professional logos for all types of businesses:
|SoThink||Squarespace Logo Maker|
what are the standard prices for logo designing?
The cost to design a logo varies depending on your requirement. If you approach a freelancer to design a logo for you then the price ranges from INR 5,000 and above. If you approach an agency for the same then the price range starts from INR 10,000. You may find a variance in price depending on the originality and quality of the content produced.
Logo from a Graphic Designers vs a Logo Design Tool? What should you opt for?
Online designing tools help you design a logo in easy and cost-effective means. You have a lot of templates to choose from and the interfaces are quite easy to use. The only downside of using these design tools is that you have limited flexibility in terms of design and creativity.
Getting a logo designed by a professional designer will prove to be a bit more expensive however the output will be a lot better. Professional Logo designers have a thorough understanding of the industry and generally, are able to generate design output that aligns with a company’s vision.