Artificial intelligence chatbots are popular right now.
AI technologies like ChatGPT are used by almost everyone. However, ChatGPT has a MASSIVE competitor. Who are you?
Bard AI from Google.
Google launched Bard in more than 180 countries on May 11th, 2023.
But how effective is it? Is it more effective than competitors like ChatGPT?
This article will reveal;
- What is Google Bard and what features does it have?
- Things that ChatGPT cannot accomplish, but ONLY Bard can
- Features of ChatGPT, applications, and much more
Do you want to know who will win between Google Bard and ChatGPT? Let’s get started!
Difference Between Google Bard vs ChatGPT
What is Google Bard?
A natural-language AI chatbot that uses LaMDA is called Google Bard. LaMDA, or “Language Model for Dialogue Applications,” is trained using a large amount of text and code for programming.
Google developed Bard, which employs artificial intelligence to generate replies that resemble a human relying on input.
Bard AI is available for FREE in over 180 countries.
Access to Bard was previously limited.
Now access it free by visiting Bard.Google.com.
Google Bard Features List
- English, Japanese, and Korean are currently the three languages in which you can communicate with Bard AI.
- Text export to Gmail and Google Docs
- Google Workspace accounts are accessible
- There’s a dark theme available.
- Information retrieval using voice search
What is ChatGPT?
ChatGPT is an AI chatbot that creates text that sounds like human speech using machine learning and a huge language model. Using GPT (Generative Pre-trained Transformer) was developed by OpenAI.
Everyone can use ChatGPT for free, but it also offers a subscription version called ChatGPT Plus with superior features like access to plugins and faster response times.
You can start using ChatGPT by visiting the OpenAI website.
ChatGPT Features List
- ChatGPT is made to be user-friendly and easy to use.
- Text generates itself based on input.
- Languages can be translated.
- It supports various languages.
- A premium version of it called “ChatGPT Plus” features a ton of strong plugins.
- Everyone can use it for free.
- ChatGPT is instructed to decline inappropriate requests.
- It allows you to ask or correct follow-up questions.
What Can Google Bard Do that ChatGPT Can’t
Let’s start by discussing Google Bard’s ability to understand what it can do that ChatGPT can’t.
Bard has access to the internet
The main benefit of using Bard AI over ChatGPT is that Bard provides you with the MOST CURRENT information because it has internet connection.
Here’s an example;
You can see that Bard is giving up-to-date information on the SpaceX explosion. (marked in red box)
With Bard AI, you may also receive news, updates, and much more in real-time.
Use your voice to prompt Bard
Voice suggestions are far off for ChatGPT, while Google’s Bard AI already offers voice instructions to its customers.
Since you can communicate with Bard AI by using your voice, using voice to prompt others may be the simplest way to receive responses.
The Bard interface has it included. This is how it appears;
Here are a few examples of voice prompts that Bard AI supports:
- “Hey Bard, what is the weather like today?”
- “Hey Bard, play me some Indian music.”
- “Hey Bard, tell me a joke.”
- “Hey Bard, write me a unique poem around fitness.”
Your Bard results can be exported into Gmail or Docs.
Currently, Bard AI provides an export option, which is quite helpful for content creators.
You may easily export the content created by Bard to Google Docs or even a Gmail account if you like it.
Simply click the “Export” button to the left of the “Google it” button to export a response that Bard has generated. The format you want to export the response to (Docs or Gmail) will then be asked for.
Here’s what it looks like;
Keep in mind that ChatGPT does not provide an export option.
Improve your results by using Google search
Bard AI improves ChatGPT in one area since it contains built-in “Google Search” functionality.
Did you know that ChatGPT is trained just on a text dataset while Bard AI is trained on a sizable dataset comprising both text and code?
Yes, you can develop code or fix code errors using these artificial intelligence (AI) tools.
But when it comes to coding, Bard AI can do better things. Insanely, it can also generate code in more than 20 different programming languages.
We asked Bard, for instance, to “write a function to reverse a string in Python.”
Here is what it generated;
You can see that it generated a suitable reaction. So, if you need assistance with code, Bard does a decent job.
Over 20 programming languages are supported by Bard. Check out the example below to see a few languages it can speak.
What ChatGPT Can Do?
A LOT of things are possible using ChatGPT, like writing blog articles, scripts for videos, stories, and more. Here are a few areas where ChatGPT outperforms Bard AI.
Create blog posts
Both ChatGPT and Bard provide the ability to post blogs.
Examples of blog posts made using both of these tools are provided below;
As you can see, ChatGPT wrote a blog post on the subject that was approximately 500+ words long.
Here’s the output from Bard;
What’s best? For content creators like bloggers, writers, and others, ChatGPT Plus can produce even more extensive blog articles.
Overall, ChatGPT is a far superior option (than Bard AI) if you want to write blog posts, newsletters, or other types of creative content.
ChatGPT Code Interpreter
Using plugins is possible with ChatGPT’s commercial version, as was previously noted.
The “Code Interpreter” plugin, which uses Python to handle uploads and downloads, is one of its most potent add-ons.
Here are some examples of the difficult tasks that it can complete with ease:
- Solving mathematical problems
- Doing data analysis and visualization
- Converting files between various formats
Pricing: Bard AI vs ChatGPT
Everyone can use Bard for free now.
ChatGPT is free, but it’s offers a paid subscription called “ChatGPT Plus,” which costs $20 per month (per user).
If you’re interested, here are a few advantages of ChatGPT Plus.
- Faster response times because you can access ChatGPT’s faster servers, allowing you to utilise it even when use is at its peak.
- Users of ChatGPT Plus will benefit from a wealth of capabilities, such as GPT 4, plugins like Code Generator, and much more.
- Quick access to all future upgrades and priority support
What do we think about ChatGPT’s free edition? The free edition of ChatGPT is more than sufficient if you are on a tight budget or only infrequently require it. But ChatGPT Plus is priceless if you use it frequently.
Pros & Cons of Google Bard AI and ChatGPT
Google Bard Pros:
- Bard can generate text, translate languages, and write creative stuff like emails, blog posts, code, scripts, and poems.
- Completely free to use
- Bard AI can access the real world, providing you with real-time data, unlike ChatGPT.
- Accessible in 180 countries
- It can answer your questions in an informative way
- It can summarize complex things for you
- Your comments will improve Bard. As user numbers rise, replies will improve. Why? Because Bard leverages earlier conversations to grasp context and respond better.
- You can get writing assistance from Bard AI by asking for feedback on your grammar, writing style, etc.
- You can use it to generate a tonne of original ideas for your projects.
- When you require help you can use it as a conversational bot or friend.
Google Bard Cons:
- Bard is currently in the development stage, so it might provide responses that are incorrect or inappropriate.
- You can use ChatGPT as an AI chatbot to have discussions that sound human.
- It can be used to translate languages, create text, and other things.
- It has a free version that most people find sufficient.
- In most cases, its commercial version, “ChatGPT Plus,” outperforms Bard AI and provides plugins.
- ChatGPT excels at automating routine processes like customer service inquiries, automated email creation, etc.
- It can be utilised in a variety of industries where you can offer 24/7 customer care via an AI live chatbot (where you can train ChatGPT to answer specific inquiries with the most pertinent information).
- It can produce material such as blog entries, video scripts, social media postings, and more, which might be useful for content providers.
- It can produce code, correct errors, and do many other things that might be useful for programmers.
- ChatGPT may incorrectly interpret your requests and produce unsuitable or inaccurate results.
- Most of the time, it generates repeated content, so you should give it some thought before using it to create content.
- Since ChatGPT’s knowledge only extends as far as 2021, it DOES NOT have access to real-world data.
A Quick Comparison between Google Bard and ChatGPT
|Language model||GPT-4||PaLM 2|
|Access to the internet||Limited||Real-time|
|Strengths||Text processing, summarization||Human-like responses, current information|
|Weaknesses||Limited knowledge base, can be inaccurate||Can be hallucinated, still under development|
So who’s the winner?
Google Bard AI is a clear winner.
Bard has access to current knowledge, whereas ChatGPT has knowledge that expires in 2021.
Bard AI is capable of doing everything ChatGPT cannot, including assisting with scripting, blogging, and accessing real-time data.
If you ever want to use ChatGPT, get the Plus edition ($20/month), which includes access to the GPT-4 language model, which is more sophisticated and advanced.
Compared to GPT 3 (which includes 1.7 billion parameters in the dataset), GPT 4 has a HUGE dataset with approximately 175 billion parameters.
FAQs | Chat GPT vs Google Bard
The following list of frequently asked questions relates to ChatGPT and the Bard AI tools from Google.
The majority of the time, Bard AI is better than ChatGPT. Bard is the tool you need whether you want to generate code, acquire the most recent news or information, or get more detailed answers. Nevertheless, the Bard is inferior to ChatGPT’s Plus edition (premium plan).
Depending on your needs, yes. You need a search engine like Google if you’re looking for the most recent information about ANYTHING. ChatGPT is an excellent tool if you want to come up with original responses, such as songs, blog entries, emails, etc.
Large language models include Bard and ChatGPT. While ChatGPT is created by OpenAI and uses GPT (Generative Pre-trained Transformer), Bard is created by Google and employs LaMDA (Language Model for Dialogue Applications). These two artificial intelligence tools were created to communicate with people informally.
Yes, using ChatGPT is cost-free. It also offers a $20/month premium service dubbed “ChatGPT Plus,” which employs GPT-4 and includes 175 billion parameters as opposed to 1.37 billion in GPT-3 or GPT-3.5 editions.
Google Bard is a large language model. It can also be considered a conversational AI or chatbot that uses artificial intelligence
No, They cannot, though. A search engine is Google, and a sizable language model is Bard (or ChatGPT). While AI tools like ChatGPT assist users in creating conversational text, search engines like Google are made to help people access information online.
Final thoughts on Bard AI vs Chat GPT
Large language models that employ artificial intelligence to produce text that resembles human speech include Google Bard AI and Chat GPT.
Bard AI performs better than ChatGPT in terms of output quality and accessibility. In spite of this, ChatGPT is still a fantastic AI tool for producing creative material such as poems, scripts, song lyrics, etc.
What do you think of Bard AI and ChatGPT then? Have you ever tried them? Have any inquiries? Post your comments to let us know what you think.